Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
As we get ready to gather around the table with family and friends and eat some AMAZING food, I just wanted to share a family tradition with y’all.
Growing up, before saying grace and eating, we would go around and all say what we are thankful for. I’ve always enjoyed this tradition because it makes you stop and think.
As a society, we focus on the next item on our to do lists that we often forget about the things we’ve been blessed with.
In the spirit of the holiday, I wanted to take a moment and share a few things that I’m thankful for, whether they are serious or silly.
- My husband – My favorite person. I couldn’t imagine doing life without him.
- My parents – They are always there supporting me, encouraging me.
- My friends – I believe in quality over quantity and y’all are the greatest!
- My In-laws – I’m truly blessed to have married into such a wonderful family.
- My church family – Doing life with them is truly a pleasure. I never thought I would trust “church” folk again, but they are the most amazing and humble group of people who I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know.
- Books – My happy place is between the pages of books. They transport me to worlds that I could never imagine.
- Struggles – For shaping me and preparing me for whatever life throws at me.
- My job – For money lol. Also, for the awesome people I work with and for. Not many people are lucky enough to work with people you can honestly look up to, but I am.
- Netflix – You are brining me more Gilmore Girls and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to relieve my favorite moments from my youth.
- My home – All the dirty dishes and clothes just mean that I have food on the table and clothes on my back.
- This blog – I am thankful for each one of y’all. Thank you for joining me on the crazy journey!
From my family to yours, I hope you all have an AMAZING Thanksgiving!
What are you giving thanks for this Thanksgiving? Let me know in the comments!