Birthdays come and go, but the lessons live on.
This past month I celebrated my 32nd birthday. Each year I dread this day. Another year older, not really all that wiser, and so many things I have yet to accomplish on my bucket list. I’ve had my ups and down: falling in love and heart breaks, trials and tribulations (the list could go on). But these last two years have been filled with hard lessons and lots of spiritual growth.
I have found that hard lessons and spiritual growth seem to go hand in hand. Through our infertility journey, I’ve learned to lean on God even when my control freak-ness wants to take over, to pray and then pray some more, and to be open about it. The way I perceive life has changed and it blows my mind. I’m in awe of His unfailing love for us.
Luckily, not all of life’s lessons are hard ones.
Growing up means becoming wiser because you’ve made mistakes and (hopefully) you’ve learned a lesson or two. Today I’m sharing the lessons I wish I would have learned before turning 30. I wish I could tell you I had 32 tidbits of wisdom for each year, but I’m far too stubborn (an unorganized) for that. I could only come up with 18. The knowledge I share with you has been tested and tried and I have the bumps and bruises to prove it.
What’s a lesson you’ve learned through the years? Let me know in the comments below.
18 life lessons I wish I knew before turning 30
- Forgive others.
- Forgive yourself.
- It’s ok to not finish a book (even if it’s been on your TBR pile for years).
- Trust your instinct.
- True friendships are rare. Cherish them.
- Loving someone doesn’t mean losing yourself.
- Perfection is an illusion.
- It’s never too late to chase your dreams.
- That being said, never stop dreaming.
- Sometimes life sucks. That’s life.
- You don’t owe anyone anything.
- You’re never too old for $.50 corn dog day.
- Find time to disconnect from the world and be still.
- Travel as often as you can.
- Love fiercely, not recklessly.
- It’s ok to be angry with God. He can take it.
- Family is more than genetics.
- Be you. You are wonderfully made. Don’t let others try to change that.
Don’t forget to PIN IT!